Thursday, August 28, 2008

Sarah is a tired girl....

I can't sleep. Sometimes I feel like five days from now I'm going to just walk off the face of the earth. Yet I'm so excited to be this whole new person and take pictures and soak it all in that it makes up for the scary whole-new-country-where-people-don't-really-speak-English-and-the-beaurocrats-are-renowned-for-being-exceedingly-unhelpful... Maybe I go on about it too much, but really, moving from the "bubble" or the Ville of Sack to this huge city where I won't know a soul until like 7 days later when everyone starts to arrive?
(I'm really not THAT scared, it's just that it's 1:15 am here and I'm tired and what's the point of a blog if all I say is how un-scared I am to pick up and go? it would be so brave and boring)
Rana you'd probably say my "dukah" (sp?) is getting to me.
You know what the worst part is? I realized last week that I have never really been anywhere where I was completely unable to communicate or be understood. Sure I was in Mexico for like a week, but that was at a resort and really... Spanish is practically French anyway. But I'm going to Germany on the 6th!!! The couple I'm staying with told me to wait at the station at the booth that says "Deutsche Bahn - Auskunft" so that they can find me. For all I know that could say "Donuts!!! Welcome to Hannover!!!" or "Here stands stupid foreigner" or maybe "Douche Ban in effect - No douchebags allowed". I'm so fucked.

2 comments:

Rana said...

hahaha sarah!
yeah so that sounds like dukka(h)!
dont worry about anything.. everything will just unravel itself before you. go with the flow.. the tao ... the chi..

a linguistic would actually say that no one in the world speaks the same language. you and i both speak under the class of "english" but one word like "love" probably means something different to you than it does to me. words are just symbols that represent our personal experiences....

May said...

You know, Rana, I have heard so many different versions of "Don't worry, everything will be fine.", but "Everything will unravel itself before you" actually makes me feel better in a way none of the other versions have.