Friday, April 3, 2009

Helicopters buzzing by my window....

I come back to Strasbourg and the first thing I see is cops. Everywhere. Then barricades. Then helicopters. Then buses with more cops.
They actually brought in police officers from all over France, because when I asked one of them how to navigate to my street with all the barricades, all he said was, "Ch'ais pas, ch'uis pas d'ici moi." (as in "débrouilles-toi dit donc!!!"). Thanks. Anyway it took me forever to get home. I'm going to bed.
All this because of the NATO summit. And tonight Stephen Harper ate at the restaurant my friend works at. Fancy that.

(photo from LaProvence.com "Echauffourées à Strasbourg:
12 militants anti-Otan interpellés", 2 avril, 2009)


AND Obama gave a speech today in Strasbourg. For free. And I MISSED it. I was on a bloody train all day.

I'm in a foul mood indeed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ahh, atleast you're home safe. Hopefully the circus will leave town soon :) JB