Sunday, January 18, 2009

New Years's Resolution(s)

I finally figured it out. (Two weeks too late... so unprepared). I've decided that my New Year's Resolution is to try to be a Greener person. The idea first came to me when the David Suzuki Foundation (did you know its a Canadian foundation...??? Maybe I'm seriously out of the loop here, but I had no clue until I googled it in France) sent me an email about messaging the Finance Minister Jim Flaherty about including more eco-friendly strategies in the new budget.

Please visit
http://e-activist.com/ea-campaign/clientcampaign.do?ea.client.id=94&ea.campaign.id=2264
to send your message, it honestly takes like, 5 mintues, and then you get a cool little email from the Ministry of Finance saying Mr. Flaherty thanks you for blah-blah-blah.
JUST DO IT. NOW. The budget comes out January 27th.

A Green Economy: http://www.davidsuzuki.org/GreenEconomy/
(Interesting article on how a green economy can generally strengthen the Canadian economy despite the economic crisis).

Anyway so I think I'm going to come up with 12 Resolutions on how I can be a greener person, and I can't just pick things I do already, like walk everywhere and use public transit. I'm going to find things that I didn't really know about before, or that I never do, so that I can be a greener person.

2 comments:

May said...

I invite all of you that read this blog to join me in my quest for reducing your environmental footprint!!!

signe c. said...

it's never too late.