Friday, February 6, 2009

#4. Hankies.

I know, I know, some of you will probably be grossed out, but here's my thinking:

The other day I was blowing my nose (for like the millionth time that day) and as I tossed my tissue in the garbage realized how much paper I must go through in a day... There's the waking up blowing my nose, the getting-inside-after-being-outside blowing my nose (obviously a periodical activity over the course of the day), the been-outside-for-a-really-long-time blowing my nose.... it just never ends!!!!

(Hahahah I found this pic on the net, and the first thing that came to mind was... Hankie from Heaven. But seriously now, why would you want a white, lacey hankie? I would just feel bad getting my snot all over it....)

So I have decided, though it is a controversial and slightly disgusting concept, to make a bunch of hankies out of an old cotton t-shirt I've appropriated and use them over the course of the week. Obviously I plan on washing them very regularly, but just think, always having a hankie on hand? Never wasting bags and bags of paper???

I think it's a pretty good fourth resolution for my eco-challenge. It will start as soon as I've washed that t-shirt.
Apparently this is some kind of marketing project to make hankies look cool.....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hahaha, this is a great fourth selection. Although I'm not sure if the french public will we ready for a young woman blowing her nose in a hankie. Doesn't seem very haute couture. xoxo, JB

Anonymous said...

.. and now you are "..a red nosed reindeer" ?

Ute / Axel

Rana said...

yeah thats a seriously holy hankie