Thursday, February 5, 2009

Jack???

Today I saw Captain Jack Sparrow strolling down the street. Except he wasn't really strolling, it was like the drunken stumble/swaying walk that Johnny Depp perfected in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies.

This guy was dedicated, I tell ya. Not only was he dressed COMPLETELY the same (his facial hair was real from what I could tell, and I have no idea where you get real leather boots like that) and then just going from A to B he refused to step out of character (no pun intended).
He wasn't even with a bunch of people on his own, just kind of swaying along on the sidewalk, heading to the Pirate Summit at the Palais universitaire????

Completely random.

I was wishing at the time that I had my camera so I could run up to him yelling, "Capitaine Jack! CAPITAINE JACK! Pourrais-je prendre un photo???". Kind of glad I didn't now though, because it would have been disapointing if he didn't speak English. (French Jack Sparrow just isn't the same is he?)

Captain Jack Sparrow winters in Strasbourg when the Caribbean gets a little too hot.

No comments: