Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Itchy, Scratchy, Nagging Feet

I think being on exchange has given me itchy feet. I used to be a homebody, perfectly happy to stay in my country, accumulate objects and make money. Now all I can think about is filling my yellow hiking bag and going somewhere, anywhere....
.....INDIA.

I don't know if it was because my cousin took off on her own and just... went, or some kind of switch was flicked in my brain, but I think about it almost every day. I used to look forward to getting back to Canada so I could back into my rugby/university routine. Now all I can think about is graduating and working so I can take off and be a ragamuffin vagabond for a few months.

Things were so much easier and safer when I was staring at my hands thinking to myself, What can I make? Now I'm staring at the sky thinking, Where can I fly? and my comfortable middle class house with the dog and the window boxes is slowly caving in on itself (at least, the dog waits for me by the crushed picket fence for when I get back).

My dreams are changing.

3 comments:

May said...

Of course I happen to want to go to one of the most INFAMOUS places for spicy foods. Apparently my mind and my intestines are on different information loops....

Unknown said...

Yaaaa, I like this new found interest in travelling. India sounds so amazing! Talk soon, xo, JB

Anonymous said...

lets go. some day. anywhere