Sunday, February 15, 2009

My Middle Finger

I have a whole new appreciation for my middle finger ever since a little bit of it got hacked off by someone's cleats two weeks ago. Someone must of stepped on my hand as it was splayed out on the ground or something, because they basically took off the calloused area on the inside of my middle finger, where it would touch the side of my pointer finger if I had my fingers together.

Here is a list of things you can't do with a hole on the side of your finger:
1) Floss properly.
2) Write (I usually balance the pen/pencil on the aforementioned-but-now-gone callous)
3) Brush my hair. (Don't get me wrong, I can still do it, but if your grip slips it'll split your finger open again...)
3) Sharpen a pencil. (Apparently I grip the pencil exactly with that spot on my finger to hold it firmly in the pencil sharpener, who knew?)
4) Opening mascara. (Same concept as the pencil)
5)Using utensils in a confident and efficient way. (Unless they're Ikea plastic utensils, because they don't bite into your skin like the metal ones)

I just thought everyone should take a moment to properly appreciate their fingers. We take them for granted in their dexterity and usefulness apparently!!!!
P.S - My middle finger is well on its way to recovery and to once again being a helpful member of the Right Hand Team. Thank you for your concern. ;-)

[image belongs to a Steffen Loyal? was unable to find the source]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

now you know how often you use a finger ! We have an ambulance next door - in case ....

Love to see you this week.

Ute + Axel

Rana said...

Omg Sarah. What the heck!?

I'm going to come to your games and practices and tape you up in cushioning all over.