Thursday, March 19, 2009

BERLIN BABY!!!


Several weeks late, but better than late than never.

During our winter vacation, I was lucky enough to be invited to visit my German friends A&U for the second time. Staying with them was a little slice of heaven, like being surrounded by family and the familiar even though I was in a country that wasn't my own trying to decipher a language I've never spoken nor understood. I think Germany will always have a special little place in my heart for that. It lets you belong to a little piece of it.

[This picture is from when U dressed me up in her mountain climbing gear for a lark!!!]

Here's a little overview of the week
February 21st: Arrival in Hannover
February 22nd: Visit to Hameln
February 23rd: Visit to Erfurt and Weimar
February 24th: Further visit of Weimar and arrival in Berlin!
February 25th: Bus tour in Berlin
February 26th: Sad goodbyes with A&U who head back home, Solo adventures in Berlin begin
February 27th: Solo adventures in Berlin
February 28th: Catch the train to Strasbourg, surprise encounter with A&U at the Hannover changeover! and safe return to Strasbourg

More later.....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

HAhaha, that is my new favourite picture of you! JB