Monday, March 23, 2009

My favorite writer right now...

... is a blogger.

Am mortified (in a snobby literary way) but its true. I've never read anything online like this woman's blog, I just got page after page after page. Of course, you know which one it is - the blog of Belle de Jour, the London call girl. She writes how I want (hope!) to write, of everyday (and not so everyday) things, sometimes poetic, other times funny, or just plain raunchy, hahaha. I like that about blogs, you're reading about the change of character in the author rather than fictional puppets. It makes them so much more relatable - knowing that somewhere out there this person is living their life just like you are.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On another note, this made me fill up with pride - even though I'm not American, but I guess it doesn't matter. He's got big shoes to fill.

[I'm afraid I saved this a while ago and neglected to note where I got it from the internet - sorry for pilfering your photo, whoever you are]