Monday, September 1, 2008

Scripted Conversations

You know how when you're walking down a hall and someone you know says,
"Hey! How are you?"
and then keeps walking without waiting for the response, because they know you're just going to say something like,
"Not too bad, how are you?".....?
I've noticed that when you're preparing for a big trip, that seems to happen alot. Except instead of Hihowareyou it's
"So are you nervous?"
and then before I can even really give my full answer (which is obviously, "Yeah, I'm practically pooping my pants....") they're already out with -
"Oh, you're going to have sooo much fun, you'll be fine."
and then really, what can I say to that? It just kind of kills the conversation.

I appreciate the interest, and the concern, of course! It's just kind of redundant, you know? Because obviously I know I'll be fine (because if I thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown overseas I wouldn't go right?) and of course I'll have fun, because....well, shit I'm going to France.
Dinnah time! Later gaters.

Nov.24, 2008
I wanted to add the lyrics of a song that I felt at the time really applied to how I felt, but that at the time was afraid of how people would react when they read it. Now its buried in the blog (muhahaha) and I want to remember how those words made me feel. Plus the people it applies to never read this thing.
"Head underwater,
and they tell me to breathe easy for a while,

The breathing gets harder,
even I know that..."

Love Song by Sara Bareilles

1 comment:

Rana said...

yo sarahhh, good point man. im here 5 days and ive forced my self to blab with random people just cause i havnt seen them in two months. ..
I'm wondering though- when are you leaving for france??