Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Ughhh


Sorry I've been out of touch for the last few days, both with emails, facebook, and my poor blog. As it so happens, I have a fairly good reason - I got food poisoning on Sunday night, and have been alternating between being curled in a ball and emptying the entire (never has the word "entirety" ever been so aptly used) contents of my body.
Its such a cliche too, I was eating Chinese food. What really gets me though; is that all I had was a bowl of soup, meanwhile, neither of the other girls I went to dinner with got sick - and one of them had spicy DUCK! Grrr.
Anyway I thought I was going to die last night, I had to roll out of bed every hour or so to be sick (I never realized the human body held so much, I mean, after the first few times I thought I'd be running on empty, but my stomach had some kind of hidden reserves...). It didn't help that I was having weird, fevered dreams about war and fighting (I'm reading a book about the First World War, which is probably where that came from).
This morning even getting dressed was a struggle, and I shuffled my way over to the doctor's office down the street. She prescribed me SIX different medications, ranging from antibiotic, something for stomach spasms, a blocker upper if-you-know-what-I-mean, something for upset stomachs, etc. etc. Basically the only reason I'm able to type this right now is thanks to those babies, because up until a few hours ago climbing the stairs to my room made me nauseous as hell (I actually had to urgently ask the guy at the pharmacy if they had a washroom halfway through getting my order because I was breaking out into a cold sweat and thought I was going to vomit all over his counter, hhahaha at least he understood my urgency, what with filling out my massive drug order of intestinatia..... I made that word up).
My diet for the next few days will consist of crackers and apple sauce (which is apparently good for this sort of thing). I'm also allowed rice and cooked carrots (another surprise), and lots and lots of pills.
Anyway don't feel bad for me, I just wanted y'all to know why I've been m.i.a for the past few days - oh, and I wrote my placement test during all this, I think I did okay, despite it all.
Miss everybody!!!!

No comments: