Thursday, October 23, 2008

Maison Alsacien Outre-Foret

Last weekend I went on a trip to this museum that used to be an Alsacian farm house about an hour away from Strasbourg. The exhibition that year was focused on the daily lives of women during the past two hundred years.

It was pretty interesting, they covered things like the evolution of marriage (they first started out wearing black dresses, and it was the white veil that signified virginity, hence in photos no veil = preggo!!! sorry I shouldn't joke about that, they were basically publicly humiliated on their wedding day because everyone knew if they weren't wearing the veil...), the raising of children, the daily chores, the evolution of child birth, etc.

Anyway I wanted to show you guys my mad photography skills, bahaha so you could see what it was like!!! (I will be uploading all the photos from that day on Facebook if you want to see more!)
P.S Also so I don't mislead you, I don't think the b&w photo is of a couple getting married, I just liked her "bonnet" because its typical only of the Strasbourg/Alsace area. Pretty BA if you ask me.... (....it means "bad ass")




No comments: