Thursday, October 23, 2008

PROJECT: PASTRY


I have hereby decided that I will taste every single different pastry made in the bakery by my apartment (it's called "KRETZ").




Yesterday I started with the "sablé de confiture".
It was pretty tasty, I'd rate it around around 3 finger lickin's out of 5.
It tasted like shortcake cookie with strawberry jam inside, and dusted on the top with icing sugar.
I will try another kind when I get back from Germany next week...

To Be Continued....

November something, 2008

Another pastry!!! But I don't remember it's name. We will call it Chocolate Strasbourg Hat, because it looks kind of like those big silly hats women used to wear here.

I was actually a little disappointed with Chocolate Strasbourg Hat, because it wasn't all that chocolatey. I'd give it 1.8 finger licks.


Valentine's Day, 2009
For Valentine's Day Robert, Catherine, George and I hit up a nearby patisserie for some sweets. This is my "fraisier", with checkered almond paste on the outside, and then strawberry-cream-truffliness on the inside. Quite tasty, I'd say 3.5 finger licks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi girl, we know you are really sweet

Ute / Axel

Lo.Mc said...

OMG, I'm drooling just looking at those photos!